Tuesday, May 17, 2011

US Combat Engineer, Pfc. Bradley Melton

US Army Combat Engineer, Pfc. Bradley Melton, aged 29, was killed in Afghanistan on Monday 16th May 2011 when a bomb detonated during a route clearance mission.

Pfc. Melton was on his third tour of duty in Afghanistan and had been in the country just a few weeks.

His family were notified of the death Monday evening. On Tuesday, family and friends, including Bradley's two sons, Tristen and Preston, his fiancée, and two sisters were dealing with the shock, and remembering the man whom they're already missing so much.

"He was very family oriented, you couldn't separate him from his mother. He loved his mother very, very much, and was just a good person to be around. On a bad day, he'd make you smile. On a happy day, he'd make you even happier," Pfc. Melton's stepfather, Steve Beem, told reporters.

2 comments:

  1. First and foremost, Thank You for putting your life on the line for protecting your Country and your Family and friends! I pray for your family and I'm glad I was given the chance to meet you and become friends! You could always take a bad day and make it better! Godspeed my Friend! I know you're up there smilin' down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bro, we've known each other for a long time. I'm still dealing with your loss. You were such a good friend of mine. As soon as I get on RnR, first thing I'm doing is ordering 2 bud lights, 1 for me, and the other one, for you, will be at the bar table at the seat next to me

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.