An Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane belonging to Silk Way Airlines of Azerbaijan crashed into a mountainside in Afghanistan's Parwan Province at approximately 21.10 GMT on 5th July. The plane was flying from the Azerbaijani capital Baku to Bagram military base, carrying cargo for the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).
Body parts have been found with the wreckage of the plane although no formal identifications have been possible.
It is not thought that any of the crew could have survived the crash. The airline has released the names of the nine crew members on board the aircraft.
- Captain Sergey Kuzmin (born in 1969)
- Co-pilot Oleg Marshikhin (born in 1979, from Azerbaijan)
- Navigator Igor Zheng (born in 1966)
- Engineer Vladimir Shatobin (born in 1969)
- Radio operator Ahmedjan Khajayev (born in 1955, from Azerbajian)
- Radio operator Elnur Mahmudov (born in 1981, from Azerbaijan)
- Onboard operator Tapdig Gahramanov (born in 1964, from Azerbaijan)
- Mechanic Afghan Rahimov (born in 1980, from Azerbaijan)
- Mechanic Mehman Huseynov (born in 1962, from Azerbaijan)