Friday, September 23, 2011

US Army Spc. Ryan Cook

Alaska-based US Army Spc. Ryan J. Cook, age 29, from Fort Walton Beach, Florida, was killed in action in Takhar province on 18th September 2011 from injuries received when a bomb detonated against his unit.

Spc. Cook served with 3rd Battalion, 21st Infantry Regiment, 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, based at Fort Wainwright.

He joined the Army in March 2008 and served a 12-month tour of duty in Iraq. His current deployment in Afghanistan was due to end in October this year.

Spc. Cook leaves his wife, his 5-year-old daughter and his parents, among other relatives and friends.

3 comments:

  1. October? Where did you get this info.
    - Ryan, hey man. You will be missed by all. KJ's wont be the same with out you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know how to say thanks but may you be with our Father in Heaven and Peace be with you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dearest Ryan, I went to your dad's grave today. I know you're both together. God bless you for fighting for your country and everyone else who fights for this country and sees it your way. I said my prayer at your father's grave site. I will always miss you both, very dearly. George

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.