Monday, March 7, 2011

U.S Marine, Corporal Jordan R. Stanton

Jordan R. Stanton
U.S Marine Corporal Jordan R. Stanton, aged 20, from Rancho Santa Margarita, California, was killed 4th March 2011 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. 

He was assigned to the 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C. He joined the Marine Corps in October 2008 and was promoted to corporal July 1, 2010.

Cpl. Stanton deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in November 2010.

His awards include the National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal and the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.

2 comments:

  1. RIP soldier.
    You made the ultimate sacrifice for people like me. I never knew you but I will remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Cpl. Stanton grow up as he and his family were neighbors of ours in RSM. He and my daughter went to school together. Words cannot express my grief and sadness at his passing. I can't imagine the pain his family is feeling right now. I am praying for the Stanton family and his fiance. Thank you Jordan for your service to our country and your ultimate sacrifice. RIP. You are America's son and we love you.

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.