Wednesday, March 2, 2011

U.S Army Staff Sgt. Chauncy Mays

Staff Sgt. Chauncy Mays
Staff Sgt. Chauncy R. Mays, aged 25, from Cookville, Texas, was killed on 28th February 2011, in Wardak province, Afghanistan. He died from wounds suffered from an enemy detonated bomb (IED).

He was assigned to the 63rd Explosive Ordnance Disposal Battalion, 20th Support Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md.

Staff Sgt. Mays leaves a wife and two children.

In the same incident, Spc. Christopher Stark also lost his life.

4 comments:

  1. RIP soldier.
    You made the ultimate sacrifice for people like me. I never knew you but I will remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will never forget your smile, and the way you always made me laugh. you were a good man chauncy, i can't thank you enough for fighting for my freedom. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rest in peace man, your family must be so proud for your sacrifice toward liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to contact a family member of this brave young man . I am with a group American Legion and We have a program called Fallen Soilder and we Honor the family with a plaque that has is picture and information about him on it . This is at no cost to any family member. But it is next to imposable to contact the family please contact me if anyone has any information Sdevauld@littleelm.org office phone 214-975-0471 sandy

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.