Saturday, March 12, 2011

U.S Army Pfc. Andrew M. Harper

Pfc. Andrew Harper
U.S Army Pfc. Andrew M. Harper, aged 19, from Maidsville, West Virginia, died 11th March 2011 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained in an accident involving the roll-over of a vehicle he was in. 

Pfc. Harper was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, Vilseck, Germany, as a vehicle gunner, one of the Army's most dangerous jobs.

His company commander, Captain Daniel Bourke, recalled him as “one of the finest infantrymen” in his company.

The young soldier is survived by his mother, father, and sister.

6 comments:

  1. RIP soldier.
    You made the ultimate sacrifice for people like me. I never knew you but I will remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to high school with this soldier and I must say he was one hell of a great guy; His presence could light up a room. When the news first hit me I was completely shocked, But I can rest assured that he is in a better place now alongside his sweetheart Alexa looking down upon his friends and family. Though I regret not getting to know him as well as I should have; I can say that he nobly and courageously gave May his soul peacefully meld with the ebb and flow of all time for the rest of eternity. You will be greatly missed :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrew was such-there is no word to describe what andrew was. He was more than amazing, more than honorable, more than a soldier. he was a TRUE hero, a real man, he was the life of the party called life. He made everyones life just a little bit better just by being present in it. many tears will fall for him day after day many hearts are broken nd many smiles will fade, but we are so lucky to have a guardian angel like him looking over us now. i love you andrew and you will be in my thoughts and prayers everyday sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he was from WEST VIRGINIA not VIRGINIA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in Basic with this guy he was crazy and cool Good Speed to his fam we all miss you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Miss him all the time. He touched so many hearts. The day we held a memorial at University High School some of his closet football team mates came to speak. And the day i walked into see him for the last time the soldiers were crying, then at that moment i knew it was okay to cry. We love and miss you Harper!!!

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.