Friday, August 19, 2011

US Marine Lance Cpl. Travis Nelson

US Marine Lance Corporal Travis M. Nelson was killed in action in Helmand province on 18th August 2011. The young Marine was shot by enemy forces while on patrol. He had celebrated his 19th birthday two weeks ago.

L-Cpl. Nelson, from Pace in Florida, served with the 6th Marine Regiment based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. He joined the Marines in September and was promoted to Lance Corporal in June. He had deployed to Afghanistan in March.

L-Cpl. Nelson's awards include the National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal and the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.

He was engaged to his high school sweetheart, Madeline Cates. He leaves his parents, Scott and Becky Nelson and sister Anna.
_____________________________________
Support injured Marines through the Semper Fi Fund

2 comments:

  1. RIP . A True Hero !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real man, at such a young age...
    He knew freedom was something you have to fight to obtain, or retain, and as a Marine, he knew the price to be paid for freedom could be his own life. There he was, far from home, fighting for the freedom of a foreign land, knowing the dangers he faced. He put his life on the line, and in God's way his lost life will bring free lives to others!
    When I saw his passing noted on the Pentagon site:
    http://www.pentagonchannel.mil/pcindex.aspx?category=The+Ultimate+Sacrifice, I cried for him - so very young, just a kid, and now he is no more :-(
    I did a google search to find out more about this young hero, and I'm glad I did, finding this page where I could leave a message about him, and for him.
    May his soul be at rest in God's loving arms for eternity. A cruel enemy sent him from us, but I pray that he will be at rest now with our God.
    Best wishes Travis, my hero and my friend.
    Jesus taught us "Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends"
    Thank you for laying down your life for all freedom loving people, and for me, your friend.
    I served the Marines Recon in Korea and may rejoin soon, so I can also call you my Brother...
    My Prayers for you, your family, and the Marines, who have lost a valued corpsman...
    Best wishes Travis my friend
    may you life of love and ultimate Sacrifice never be forgotten this side of Eternity.
    Til we meet there my friend and Brother, you have my ulitimate respect and love.

    Tim from Canada

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.