Tuesday, August 30, 2011

US Army Sergeant Colby Richmond

26-year-old US Army Sergeant Colby Richmond was killed in action on Thursday 25th August 2011 when a bomb exploded by the truck he was driving in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Sgt. Richmond, from Providence, North Carolina, served with the 546th Transportation Company, 82nd Sustainment Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps, based at Fort Bragg. He leaves his wife, six-year-old son and his mother.

His mother, Cynthia Richmond, told WFMY News: "You have a child who leaves home to go and serve his country and you can correspond with that individual, and then they come back there in a casket."

Support Wounded Warrior Project - a charity that helps wounded heroes

6 comments:

  1. Rest in peace Colby "Rich Man" Richmond. You will be missed. I love you brother. B.Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colby, you fought a good fight for our country; now you can rest with God. Thank you for keeping me free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colby we appreciate everything you have given, you will forever be missed. That great big smile and your hugs. Caswell Love you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooah! to my brother in arms, God bless you in life and the life after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a mother of a soldier, I will never forget you. You went out on a mission right before my son's mission. I am sorry for all the pain your family suffers without you. We lost a hero when we lost you. If I always remember you and write about it so others can see, you will never die in the heart of a mother, whose son made it and came back to Fort Bragg alive. As the mother of PFC Noah VanWechel 82nd Airborne, 546th Transportation Company XVIII Airborn Corps. you are a hero beyond hero's to me. I will never forget you. God Bless you and your family. I wish you could come back. I cry for your loss. It cannot be helped as I am a mother, and for any mother to lose her children is pain beyond what words can communicate. I salute you, Sarg. Richmond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As the mother of PFC Noah VanWechel, who is in your same company, I salute you Sarg. Richmond. I will never forget you or the pain of your family losing you. You went out on a mission right before my son did somehow, I see you as saving my son's life. You will always be in my thoughts as long as I shall live, and my prayers do and will go out to your family. I salute you, Sarg. Richmond. I will keep your memory alive, if only in words. You know the meaning of "all the way". God Bless you and your family. I cry for you and them. It cannot be helped, as I am a mother of a soldier. Thank you, Candace Sturtevant

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.