Friday, August 5, 2011

US Army Pfc. Gil Morales Del Valle

10th Mountain Division Private 1st Class Gil I. Morales Del Valle was one of two US Army soldiers killed from the blast of an insurgent bomb that detonated against their patrol vehicle in Wardak province. He died on 3rd August 2011.

21-year-old Pfc. Morales Del Valle, from Jacksonville, Florida, served with the 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment based at Fort Polk, Louisiana. He joined the Army in February 2010 and deployed to Afghanistan in October 2010.

Also killed in the same incident was 19-year-old Pfc. Cody Baker.

2 comments:

  1. I am sickened and heart broke by the loss of all these fine young men. My tears are nothing compared to those from the families of these men. To give gratitude to these young men so pales in comparison to their willingness to go and fight in a war so far away from home. But to lose them so far away from us, to lose them at all, is beyond words. I am so sorry for them & their loved ones, my heart is truly broken. I hope God kisses them all and gives them the best that can be had in their hereafter.
    Sincerely, Ellay

    ReplyDelete
  2. My JROTC Class is doing a report on fallen soldiers.
    I chose to do someone close to home. I'm glad he served but, I'm sad I will never get to know him. He is a wonderful person just reading about him. I'm glad I did my report on him.
    Thank you for serving Mr. Morales.
    Sincerely, Kira

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.