Tuesday, January 17, 2012

US Special Forces Sergeant Benjamin Wise

The US Department of Defense has announced the death of Sgt. 1st Class Benjamin B. Wise, who was injured in combat operations in Balkh province on 9th January 2011.

34-year-old Sgt. Wise died on 15th January 2011 at Landstuhl Medical Center in Germany where he had been medically evacuated to following the incident. His unit had been attacked by enemy forces with small-arms fire.

Sgt. Wise, from Little Rock, Arkansas, served with the 3rd Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group, Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington.

1 comment:

  1. This soldier was my friend for about 3 years..
    Heard the news today and felt that punch and sick feeling in my gut....
    I helped him with building guitar amplifiers..this was his hobby and passion.... he leaves behind his wife and young kids...
    He was an 18 Delta....
    I still have a box he mailed me not long ago full of electronic parts.... I think I will build an amplifier in his honor with these parts...

    Go bhfaighe a anam agus anamacha na bhfíréan suaimhneas síoraí. Amen

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.