Sunday, December 11, 2011

US Marine Lance Cpl. Christopher Jacob Levy

US Marine Lance Cpl. Christopher Jacob Levy, from Ramseur, North Carolina, died on 10th December 2011 in a US military hospital in Germany. He was shot by a sniper while on patrol in Helmand province on Wednesday 7th December and had been evacuated to Germany.

21-year-old LCpl Levy, serving with 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, had volunteered for this deployment, his second tour in Afghanistan.

LCpl Levy's stepfather, Kevin Sheek, told local news reporters: "Jacob died doing a job he was willing to die for. He was an awesome man and an awesome Marine." He went on to say that LCpl Levy was an organ donor and, "there will be triumph through the tragedy. Other people will live because Jacob laid his life down."

LCpl Levy leaves behind his mother Amanda Sheek, father Christopher Alan Levy, stepfather Kevin Sheek and three brothers, Payne Sheek (14), Elijah Sheek (9) and Thunder Levy (11).

6 comments:

  1. I did not know Jacob personally but I know his father and uncle. My thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to the Levy and Sheek family.

    Suzie Woodring
    (former) Liberty Resident

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK U THIS IS HIS BROTHER PAYNE SHEEK AND YES HE WILL BE MISSED

      Delete
  2. God bless them all! And I thank all for their sacrafice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post...thanks for the reminder to blog about the everyday things that people want to read. As a real estate agent, I too struggle with what to blog about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to bootcamp (PLT3072) with Jacob, I went security forces and he went to 3/8 after SOI. When i got orders to Lejeune we linked up and BS'd for hours then the night before he went back to afghan, he went way out of his way to bring me to a Chowhall on lejeune for dinner when i got with my unit. You will be missed my freind Love you man! My condolences to your family!

    LCPL Kolakowski
    Aco 1st BN 2nd MAR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never written on a web page like this before and am not a big computer person. I didn't know Lcpl Levy but have family members that went to school with him. being a native of ramseur it makes me very sad to lose one of my own and at the same time very proud of him for serving our country. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and my personal thanks to Lcpl Levy. GOD BLESS THE USA

    ReplyDelete

We will not publish comments that are, in our opinion, not suitable for the purpose of this website.